Staying true to yourself is the only way to work, even if it’s not the most accessible route at times but in doing so, you can always be proud of what you do. Jon Bloom serves as author, board chair, and co-founder of Desiring God.

He and his wife have five children and make their home in the Twin Cities. Jon Bloom serves as author, board chair, and co-founder of Desiring God. If you know and love yourself you will find it effortless to be true to yourself.. Just as you cannot love anyone else until you love yourself, you cannot be true to anyone else until you are true to yourself. 9707 matching entries found. Then forgive yourself and move on. You come to know yourself only by living life. To keep the process going, consistently tell yourself the truth about your motivations and any deceptions you perpetrate. Learn from it so you don’t repeat that same lesson again.
Don’t take anyone’s advice. The more you know about yourself, the easier it is to stay true to that image. Finding what works for you. The answer to what is true for you always exists at the core of who you are, if you give yourself the space and time to listen. Heed neither the one nor the hundred. 8. Sleep & Relaxation 24,057,062 views Take responsibility for your own happiness. To be true to yourself means to act in accordance with who you are and what you believe.. Be playful. You won't change your behavior immediately, and that's fine. It can be hard to stay true to yourself when you’ve spent a great deal of time people-pleasing. “If nothing else in this long and short life, let me be true to my conscience, to the dignity of my own heart. “For every one person who praises you, there are a hundred who would criticize. When you stop taking yourself so seriously, you can enjoy the dance of life just as … Never follow anyone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path and by all means you should follow that. You are with yourself 24/7, so learning how to be true to yourself is vital if you’re to live a vibrant and fulfilling life.

Nita Sweeney, author of “ Depression Hates a Moving Target,” suggests, “Start by sending back the salmon that is more well done than what you ordered. “Just keep being true to yourself, if you're passionate about something go for it. When it happens and you finally catch on, drop your ego, admit your mistake fully, and make amends.

Share your gifts.

Usually, people are very impressed by and respectful of the fact that you have a set of characteristics that you find important to your identity, and that makes it easier to stay true to yourself. Let me act in … Getting started will be a process, so start with small achievable goals. Being true to yourself starts with knowing who you are and accepting yourself; knowing your strengths, passions, limitations and purpose in life and then living that way all the time.

Just keep getting clearer inside by acknowledging where you're not being clear outside.