I've never taken PHIL 102, but there was a small amount of overlap between PHIL 100 and PHIL 240. What were/are your favorite classes at UW? PHIL 102 Contemporary Moral Problems (5) VLPA/I&S Blake, A. Moore Philosophical consideration of some of the main moral problems of modern society and civilization, such as abortion, euthanasia, war, and capital punishment. Consideration of some main problems of philosophy concerning, for example, knowledge, God, mind and body, and human freedom. Potential Electives in the Spring 2020 Term The list below includes potential electives that are being offered online in the Spring 2020 term. Some of these courses have pre-requisite Since then our students have earned degrees in virtually every area of physics, and our faculty have played key roles in myriad important research efforts. PHIL 102 is more of a introductory class to ethics and philosophy as a whole. Note that computers distinguish between the letter "l" in "phil" and the numeral "1" in "102", so be careful when you type these addresses.)

But it's definitely worth it.

In addition to supporting each other, alumni engage with the Wisconsin School of Business to encourage tomorrow’s business leaders. The UW Physics Department awarded its first PhD in 1899. Contact CEL 102… Here you will find important information about the Department of Communication’s Digital Graduation Celebration, the event program, ordering caps and gowns for the University of Washington’s Main Commencement Ceremony, and more. Key Z: Either Humanities or Social Science Credits S: Social Studies H: Humanities O: Elementary I: Intermediate A: Advanced D: Intermediate or Advanced 101 Introduction to Philosophy Ⅰ, Ⅱ, SS; 4 credits (Z–E). Some of the courses listed may already be required for your program, others could be used as free electives.

Being a STEM major I've typically been taking mostly science and math classes and it would be nice to take a little break from those. The University of Waterloo recognizes International Baccalaureate (IB) courses as excellent academic preparation for success at the university level and will consider awarding transfer credits for individual Higher Level IB courses in which normally a minimum final grade of 5 is attained. It is meant to serve as a reference guide, but it is not an exhaustive list. PHIL 103 is the more math-based one so I think you'd find that one more interesting. The Flow Station is a Podcast located in Washington. It was one of the most interesting classes I've ever taken, and unlike other geneds which are non existent until the night before the final, 103 actually required a bit of work to be put in.

Management studies focus on the activities of leadership, power, decision-making, organizational structure and change, strategy and policy, and the integration of organizational functions.

It's supposed to be more challenging, probably because 102 is significantly easier in comparison.

Access study documents, get answers to your study questions, and connect with real tutors for PHIL 102 : LOGIC AND REASONING at University Of Illinois, Urbana Champaign. We discuss the mental side of the game with athletes. If I remember correctly PHIL 100 provides a writing credit and it was super easy. It's more in-depth and has you work out more difficult problems than 102, but still I don't think it would be difficult for a math major at all lol. Source: I'm a graduated Philosophy Major Credit is not given for both PHIL 100 and PHIL … PHIL 100 Intro to Philosophy-ACP credit: 3 Hours. Students in human resources management study how organizations attract, motivate, develop, and retain employees, and how they interact with organizations representing employees. Wisconsin School of Business. Biochemistry graduates go on to a variety of careers in science and science-related fields.

I don't know if they've changed it since last year, but that'd be my suggestion. Prerequisites: Open to Freshmen Sophomores who have had no previous philosophy courses other than 210, 211, 253 or 254.