Otis Redding - Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay - Free, easy-to-read guitar chords, tabs (tablature), lyrics, sheet music, and lessons from Heartwood Guitar Instruction I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay Watchin' the tide roll away, ooh I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay Wastin' time I left my home in Georgia Headed for the Frisco Bay 'Cause I've had nothin' to live for It look like nothin's gonna come my way So I'm just gon' sitt on the dock of the bay … Any Ole Way - Live: 13. A Change Is Gonna Come: 7. Facts about “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay” Otis Redding recorded “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay” just three days before he tragically died in a plane crash on 9 December 1967. I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay. Otis Redding was born in Dawson, Georgia, and moved with his family to Macon when he was five. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher: 5. Sittin' in the mornin' sun I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come Watching the ships roll in And I watch 'em roll away again, yeah I'm sitti (Sitting On The) Dock Of The Bay: 3. Redding was born in Georgia, and began writing the song while in the Bay Area for performances. Any Ole Way: 12. Lyrics to '(Sitting On) The Dock Of The Bay' by Otis Redding: Sittin' in the morning sun I'll be sittin' when the evening comes Watching the ships roll in Then I watch them roll away again, yeah Otis Redding - (Sitting On) The Dock Of The Bay Lyrics | MetroLyrics Sittin' in the morning sun I'll be sittin' when the evening comes Watching the ships roll in Then I watch them roll away again, yeah (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay Songtext von Otis Redding mit Lyrics, deutscher Übersetzung, Musik-Videos und Liedtexten kostenlos auf Songtexte.com It was recorded by Redding twice in 1967, including once just days before his death in a plane crash. A Waste of Time: 10. A guardare la marea che ondeggia. (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay: 2. Otis Redding - the Dock of the Bay Lyrics. But due to pressure by his record labels (Stax Records and Atlantic Records) to capitalize on this event, the song was officially released a month later on 8 January 1968. Watchin' the tide roll away, ooh. Song: (Sittin' on) The dock of the bay Artist: Otis Redding Composers: Otis Redding and Steve Cropper Tabbed by DJ ('DiddyD' on ultimateGuitar.com) 27th Mar 2015 Emphasise the bass notes of each chord. ... / I thought that I've been hurt before / But no one's ever left me quite this sore / Your words cut deeper than a knife / Amen: 11. Lyrics to '(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay' by Otis Redding. Deep Thought. A perdere tempo. (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher & Higher: 4. About (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" is a song co-written by soul singer Otis Redding and guitarist Steve Cropper.