Olive oil will give it a different flavor that may not be the best for a dessert and change the texture of the biscotti. Notes: The olive oil in these biscotti is meant to shine, so use one with a flavor that you like and don't be afraid of the amount of salt. This biscotti recipe is dairy free, contains fiber, omega three, and is made from a base of spelt flour and olive oil. The cookies will keep well for 3-4 weeks.

Almond Cranberry Chocolate Chip Quick Bread. Olive Oil Rosemary Bread. Ingredients: 1 cup whole almonds 6 tablespoons olive oil 2 cups sugar 1 tablespoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt 4 eggs 4 cups all purpose flour 2 teaspoons orange extract and 2 tablespoons orange zest How to prepare: On a baking sheet, toast the almonds at 350º for 5 minutes. Olive Oil and Black Pepper Parmesan Biscotti. [Photograph: Carrie Vasios] These cookies pair fruity olive oil with earthy pistachios to make a salty-sweet treat. Combine ground pecans, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until evenly combined. If you have a preference for butter, substitute 5 tablespoons of softened unsalted butter for the olive oil and begin the recipe by creaming together the butter and sugar. 1 1/2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns 4 cups flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons salt 2 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, finely grated 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 4 large eggs 3/4 cup whole milk. These vegan chocolate dipped olive oil biscotti are a healthier variation of this traditional Italian cookie (what could be more Italian than olive oil). Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. About a year or so ago, my husband and I went to a great Greek restaurant with a group of friends.
Variation: Butter.
Happy Baking! In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ cup of olive oil. Follow what the recipe calls for would be my rule of thumb. Then transfer to an airtight container. You can use Sambuca or Anisette liqueur; you can use the anise seed or extract; or you can use anise oil.

Chocolate Almond Torte. To make biscotti, finely grind reserved 1/3 cup of toasted pecans in food processor until very finely ground (you’re looking for a pecan meal-like texture; don’t grind too much or you’ll end up with pecan butter!) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The flavor of biscotti develops overnight and is best after 2 days. These Greek Olive Oil Cookies are so crunchy, lightly sweet and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.

… Straight from Carol’s mother Gigi! I like to keep my pistachios whole, but if you'd prefer, chop them in half. If using anise seeds, one way to intensify the flavor is by soaking them in 1-2 teaspoons of rum for 10 minutes. Strawberry Rhubarb Olive Oil Shortcakes. ... Gradually stir in the olive oil until well blended, followed by the limoncello, vanilla and zest. Arbequina Chocolate Brownies. Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake. Olive Oil Pancakes. Olive Oil Gelato with Balsamic Swirl. Walnut spelt biscotti with olive oil. These little biscotti (I made them mini rather than full size) are full of the healthy fats from the olive oil and nuts, plus you are getting fiber and beta-carotene from …

Yogurt Cake with Strawberries. With a slight hint of spice and orange, they are such a lovely, simple cookie.

Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula when necessary.