... It’s also the first name of a prominent New Orleans jewelry designer, Mignon Faget. The first European to descend the Mississippi River to the delta, this French explorer named the area La Louisianne after Louis XIV of France in 1682. Oooh, la la! Louisiana, constituent state of the United States of America.

There are 0.05 people named LOUISIANA for every 100,000 Americans. People with the name Landry were primarily farmers in France. In his booklet Patronymes acadiens/Acadian Family Names Stephen White says: "Among this list of families present in Acadia at the time of the Deportation some of these family names were never seen again after the Deportation years. Amendments to Birth Records. Louisiana Name Change Forms – How to Change Your Name in LA Louisiana name change forms are utilized by residents to officially change their name and update their identification. Because the free people of color in New Orleans spoke French and had French ancestors or took the names of French masters, most of their names were derived from that language and culture. With 64 parishes, there’s a few we’ve found with interesting stories on how they got their names. A First Name Basis offers Louisiana seniors' home health care from offices in Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Northshore, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Alexandria & Monroe. The history of the area that is now the US state of Louisiana began roughly 10,000 years ago.

Girls in general had more variation in their names, as the most popular boys name was Mason, with 296, and the most popular girls name was Emma, at 253. I love the sound of Emeline when it is pronounced à la française, eh-me-LEEN. A while back I noticed that many people I know have given their pets a name with Louisiana flair. Louisiana is a state located in the southern region of the United States. 8 Responses to “Mardi Gras Names: Baby Names from the Bayou” You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Otherwise, a Louisiana court ordered change of name must be obtained to change a person’s last name on their birth certificate. Christina Fonseca Said on February 24th, 2009 at 1:27 am. Louisiana (/ l u ˌ iː z i ˈ æ n ə / (), / ˌ l uː z i-/ ()) is a state in the Deep South region of the South Central United States.It is the 19th-smallest by area and the 25th most populous of the 50 U.S. states.Louisiana is bordered by the state of Texas to the west, Arkansas to the north, Mississippi to the east, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south. Louisiana is the only state in the U.S. with political subdivisions termed parishes, which are local governments equivalent to counties. In order for an adult to request a name change for themselves, they must submit a Petition for Name Change to their parish court with the accompanying fee. 7 talking about this. LOUISIANA is ranked as the 27977th most popular given name in the United States with an estimated population of 167. Louisiana's leading provider of non-medical in-home care for seniors.

The first traces of permanent settlement, ushering in the Archaic period, appear about 5,500 years ago.. Louisiana Pet Names Posted By: Katy March 16, 2015.