Our Easy Italian Easter Bread Recipe. I would say that for Italians, Easter is the second most popular holiday of the year next to Christmas. Viva Italiano - Deluxe Italian Gift Basket with Pastas, Linguini, Sauce, Oil, Bread Sticks and More, 16 Pounds. In my mom’s Calabrian hometown the festivities include a special mass and a procession through the streets with a huge statue of the Virgin Mary proudly carried on the shoulders of a group of townsmen. FREE Shipping by Amazon. makes 6 breads. Add two eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat well.

This one was prepared by my mother for my daughter a few years ago. for a printable recipe, click here. This makes it very moist and slightly sticky as it comes together.

It's not a cake nor is it a cookie. 3.4 out of 5 stars 3. Easter is around the corner and there are plenty of Italian traditions that go with it.

Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. Italian Easter Bread. How to eat Sicilian Easter Cuddura cu l’Ova: While I’ve seen countless versions of this traditional Easter bread made with a sweet dough, I’m partial to my mom’s basic bread dough version.

55 minutes. Even in America one can find these panettone-like breads in their paper “dove” pans around the Easter holidays. Gradually add the milk and butter to the flour mixture; stirring constantly. $209.03 $ 209. 03. If not, get ready for a serious arm workout because you need to work it until the dough is elastic and this takes about 8 minutes for the bread hook. The dough for this Italian Easter bread is a very rich dough, containing milk, eggs, and butter. For children, the bread may be shaped as a basket as shown. But, after a bit of kneading, it becomes silky smooth and very easy to work with.

To make Italian Easter Bread, you’ll create a sweetened yeasted bread dough with milk, butter, yeast, eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla. The best known is Colomba Pasquale, Easter dove bread, a native of Lombardy in the north, but available everywhere when Easter rolls around.

Only 3 left in stock - order soon. Ingredients: 1 package Rapid Rise (instant) yeast, about 2-1/4 teaspoons; 1.25 cups milk; pinch of salt; 1/3 cup butter; 2 eggs, beaten; 1/2 cup sugar; 3.5 cups flour (approximate) 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon of water; 6 dyed Easter eggs * sprinkles or pearl sugar . If you have a stand mixer, let the bread hook do the work.

I don't know how to describe this tasty treat. I have fond memories of my mother making this each year.

How To: Easter Egg Bread Baskets: Today, my mom, Gran Fran called and suggested I try my hand at another of her wonderful Easter baked specialities. It's somewhere in between. This is a traditional treat brought over from Italy which is made for the celebration of Easter.

Home > Easter Breads  There are many traditional Italian Easter breads.

Get it as soon as Tue, May 26.