9 best haunted houses in georgia Despite your beliefs in a paranormal world existing among us, it is still an interesting idea on how these stories came to be. It is also said to be one of the most haunted cities in the country, with many haunted 19th century style house bed & breakfasts, including Congress Hall, the Emlen Physick Estate, Peter Shields Inn, and Southern Mansion (featured on Ghost Hunters). An internet sensation as one of the most haunted schools is, "Poky High". The following entry was submitted by Skye from Clermont and remains unaltered: In north hall county off of 129, there's a rock road leading to an old wooden bridge that connects to an old grain mill. All manner of living, births and deaths have taken place in the ensuing 120 years. The Most Haunted Places in Georgia Sorrel Weed House 6 W. Harris St., Savannah, GA 31401 • (912) 257-2223. #1 Most Haunted Pocatello "Poky" High School, Pocatello, ID. Years ago a woman threw her baby off of that bridge and if you go up to the mill, you can still hear baby's crying and yelling and what not. We start this list with a bang, or rather a boo, when it …
It’s about 75 miles from both Atlanta and Chattanooga. Gates of Misery is housed in a 95-year-old, two-story building in Rome and near the Rome Braves Stadium. These are the most recent ghost sightings in Georgia Locust Grove, Georgia - Back in the late 1990s I lived on Locust Grove off Hwy 42. Hello! Past features include the Schoolhouse of Horror and the Labyrinth. Most notably, the grave of one Mary Meinert features a statue that depicts a young woman holding two babies, one in each arm.

Georgia Ghost Sightings. Perhaps the history of our home state is useful in knowing exactly what it is we are living amongst. Though many may come to visit St. James Episcopal Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia to see the grave of the murdered child beauty queen JonBenét Ramsey, there are several ghosts who have haunted this graveyard for much longer. No one died when the building was built. 67.5 miles from Athens, GA York House Inn is Georgia's oldest continuously operating Inn, since 1896. 5 Responses to “School Spirit: Haunted Schools In Arizona” megan says: March 14, 2014 at 9:09 am. One night I was driving home towards what was once called Davis Road off Hwy 42. I am the theatre teacher at Trevor Browne High School, and I am close to the theatre teacher who was here when the building was built. This is another one of the scariest haunted houses in Georgia, with a 12,000-square-foot walk-through attraction filled with screams, nightmares, and torture. More haunted places in Georgia added by a visitor.