Remember! It is most often used with a time expression. The future perfect tense refers to a completed action in the future. The future perfect continuous is used to project ourselves forward in time and to look back. The following diagram will help illustrate this to your students: Future Continuous vs. Future Perfect Continuous . The structure we use depends on the function of what we want to say, whether we are talking about arrangements, plans, predictions, etc. Help. Grammar Rule Examples. Next week is a holiday and I have lots of things to do! The future perfect is formed with the future modal will, the base verb have, and the past participle of the main verb. Future Perfect: WILL + HAVE + P.P. Be careful because this can change the meaning of the sentence. What are you doing tonight? Play our grammar games and have fun while you learn. When we use this tense we are projecting ourselves forward into the future and looking back at an action that will be completed some time later than now.

We can use the present continuous to talk about arrangements (plans which you have … Find the future arrangements and write them in the boxes. It refers to events or actions that are currently unfinished but will be finished at some future time. Do you want to practise using the present continuous in English? I’m visiting my friend tomorrow. Tasks Task 1 - choose 'will' or 'going to If you do not include a duration such as "for five minutes," "for two weeks" or "since Friday," many English speakers choose to use the future continuous rather than the future perfect continuous.

Present continuous for future arrangements 1. On Tuesday, I’m visiting my grandparents. It is used when you think the first future action will finish before the second future action. Grammar videos: Future forms We have different ways of talking about the future.

Watch the presentation and complete the activities to find out how we use 'will, going to and present continuous' to talk about the future. Present continuous - future arrangements. They are coming to our house on Saturday. It is most often used with a time expression. On Monday, I’m seeing my friends and we’re going to the cinema. We often use going to (+ infinitive), the present continuous (to be + -ing) or will (+ infinitive). Read and find. On Wednesday, I’m playing tennis with my older brother. On