I covered the downspout with PVC flexible fencing that is the same color as the downspout (black). Clematis are among the most decorative and spectacular of all the flowering vines.
Thorny problems: how an I manage a huge clematis? They are a group of mostly woody, deciduous vines, though Armand clematis (Clematis armandii) is evergreen, and a few are herbaceous perennials.There is great variety in flower … Clematis armandii would have no chance here, but it is the hardiest of all the evergreen clematis (of which there are 17) and it grew luxuriantly in our London garden where it …

Clematis armandii 'Apple Blossom' One of the most popular evergreen clematis, award-winning Clematis 'Apple Blossom' is a very large climber with masses of delightful, almond-scented flowers, 2 in. Clematis armandii is named in honor of a French missionary, Père Armand David (1826-1900). Perfect quick cover for patio, trellis or arbor, and a great privacy screen. Evergreen Clematis Clematis armandii.

Sku #2715. I am now hoping for at least a couple of flowers next Jan/Feb. Update: 18 months or so later, having taken my clematis armandii down as far as possible, it is now growing quite healthily. Clematis armandii Snowdrift is one of the most popular evergreen clematis in existance, the perfume that the armandii Snowdrift gives out is a very strong almond type scent, and you can sometimes smell it before you even see it! ... Jane Griffin has a small garden and knows she made a mistake putting the vigorous evergreen Clematis armandii on a …
As the plant grows it has no more use for these bottom leaves, so discards them to save energy for flowering. Bottom leaves dying This is perfectly normal. I have this clematis growing on a downspout on the side of my house. Clematis armandii smells amazing! Plant … I hadn't realised armandii couldn't get clematis wilt...thanks to Bookertoo, my education is improving! The fencing is completely covered by the clematis from ground to roof. Green Clematis Flowers It blooms in late winter or very early spring when much of the garden is sleeping. Once established, Clematis armandii will quickly reach a length of 20-30 feet if it is provided with sufficient support. Opening from nearly red buds, the single flowers gradually fade from pale pink to white as they mature.

This showy evergreen vine features large, leathery green leaves and an abundance of fragrant, star-like white blooms in brilliant clusters. CLEMATIS PESTS AND DISEASES AND HOW TO COPE! across (5 cm), and a splendid foliage.