My mom taught me an easy little trick that speeds up the cooking of the potatoes and has them ready on time every time!

Not anymore! Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a casserole dish with melty cheese and a delicious garlic sauce! Cheesy Scalloped potatoes are the perfect comfort food… creamy, rich and cheesy; but they always take so long to cook! The potatoes are coated in the sauce, baked until soft and steamy, and the whole dish is just pure comfort food. This scalloped potatoes recipe is made with the thickest, creamiest white cheddar cheese sauce you'll ever try. Pour in milk gradually, stirring constantly, until a thick white sauce forms, about 5 minutes. Easy and Cheesy! Garlicky, cheesy scalloped potatoes! This recipe uses a method that will show you how to make this cheesy goodness in about half of the time of traditional scalloped potatoes recipe!. We serve this at every holiday! There’s also a whole lot of garlic, so scalloped potatoes pretty much hit the mark on all of my favorite food groups – cheese and garlic.

Basically, two of my favorite words when it comes to food. Stir in flour until a paste forms.