That hasn’t stopped any high school jazz band or combo from “giving the bass player some” right off the bat to set up this completely sick, yet utterly simple, groove. Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 42 users. Jazz; easy to learn but hard to master. So, I am currently playing bass for an online band, a band I also played in way before the whole Covid-19 quarantine thing. Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 33 users. Chameleon – Herbie Hancock: True, it’s a synth line that starts this song up well before Paul Jackson gets his hands on it. Bass tablature for Beginner Jazz by Misc. Anyway, the guitarist and keyboardist are the primary songwriters, and also do most of the music composition, and with that I am respectful and play the bass lines … Bass tablature for A Cool Little Jazz Line by Bass Lessons. Jazz is one of those few styles that expands and goes past the average intermediate phase. Jazz guitar makes full use of many theoretical concepts, and also tends to use a lot of the more difficult concepts in music, such as improvisation and proper usage and implementation of the chromatic scale.