Wishing you all a beautiful New Year. Not that the puff pastry is happening now, but I imagine that this pastry … Baklava is a perennial favorite , a classic Greek pastry made with flaky phyllo dough that is layered with a cinnamon-spiced nut filling and bathed in sweet syrup. For flavor add honey. #HappyCookingToYou 24 Comments. I was playing low, with a bad back, couldn’t sit in the lappy for more time. I'm going through some “obsessions”. Baklava Star – Puff Pastry Baklava. This is a delayed post, originally planned for last week of December. As I mentioned in the Cheesy Lebanese Kofta Quinoa Farced Bell Peppers post, I was pretty much the last person at the "last thing" party. Cook the syrup (sugar and water half a cup). Try Baklava with Puff Pastry Recipe. Did you know that you can now make baklava with this recipe at home. Remove from the oven, pour the melted butter and return to the oven for another half an hour (160 degrees). January 1, 2017. Baklava is the dish most people think of when they think Greek dessert. The first is my discovery of puff pastry. Baklava send in preheated oven for 10 minutes (200 degrees). We finished baklava on puff pastry update sections (only the first three layers), pour the syrup and refrigerate. Roll out the puff pastry, egg wash and add the dry fruit mixture in it Then press and fold it and cut the pastries with the help of cutter Place the baklava on a baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown Recipes.