400g fresh lasagne sheets (alternatively use dried sheets that require no pre-cooking) – to make your own pasta, refer to note in step 6 1.2kg eggplant (aubergine) – see note in step 3 300g mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes This collection of aubergine recipes demonstrates the fruit's versatility, and the many ways of cooking which the aubergine's springy flesh lends itself to.

Layer eggplant over sauce. How to make the easiest vegan lasagna It’s just a matter of making the absolute simplest (but fabulous) tomato sauce with loads of mushrooms and a super simple white sauce (bechamel).

Drain and rub the surfaces with 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil to stop them sticking, and set aside. Buy Morrisons from Morrisons. Well, I thought it might be fun to turn it into a lasagna for this post. Soften the lasagne sheets in a large pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. It is a typical dish made all over Italy, but we like to think it originates in Parma. There have been quite a few studies done on this old practice and they have shown that there is no benefit to that in relation to bitterness with modern eggplants.

It's a great vegetarian dish made with eggplant, capers and tomatoes. Layer with half the aubergine mixture, top with 2 sheets of lasagne and repeat the process, finishing with a layer of lasagne. In a lasagne dish: Start with tomato sauce, then layer the ingredients. This is layered like lasagne but made with aubergine instead of pasta.

Spread more sauce over eggplant. Cut into 1/2 cm slices. Once those two sauces are done, you layer them with some oven-ready spinach lasagna sheets, top with some vegan mozzarella slices and …

Salvatore Elefante gently fries aubergine before mixing it with garlic and blending it into a rich purée in his colourful tuna pasta recipe , while Fabrizio Marino uses a disc of roasted aubergine … Spread sauce lightly on bottom of baking dish. From The Italian Dish: The Chardonnay Kitchen: Actually, I don't salt my eggplant anymore before cooking. Method Preheat the oven.

Put the slices on a baking sheet, bake in a hot (190°C) oven for 20 minutes until they have caught a bit of a tan. Top with the remaining cheese sauce, then bake for 30 minutes, or until brown and bubbling.

A little time-consuming but well worth the effort!

I like it much better this … This delicious vegetarian aubergine lasagne is layered with two sauces and contains lovely flavourful aubergine in the place of meat. Rinse aubergines, cut off a bit at either end. Ingredients Serves: 4 2 Put in a colander, strew with salt to extract excess moisture. Next, spray an 8 inch by 8 inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray.