An all-women team of housewives runs the kitchen at Darjeeling Express, and have been doing so from day one.

Darjeeling Express started as a dinner for 12 guests at home, serving Indian food lovingly cooked from family recipes that go back to generations. She will be taking part in the free Carnaby Street Eat food festival on 11 August ( … The food is a true homage to our founder Asma’s royal Mughlai ancestry and the busy streets of Calcutta, where she grew up. Owner of the groundbreaking Darjeeling Express, Khan is a huge, charismatic personality. In a nutshell: Asma Khan sets up a Bengali-inspired cafe. Asma Khan's Macher Malaikari from Darjeeling Express ‘This was usually cooked for important family gatherings in my ancestral home in Calcutta. A colourful, spicy and tasty adventure, a Darjeeling Express Afternoon Chai hosted by the Asma Khan, who has been living in London since 1991, and only started cooking when she went back to India in 1993 to learn and master her ancestors cuisine, back four generations of cooking wisdom. The first British chef on hit Netflix series A Chef’s Table, Asma came to the cooking profession via a ca Food is my immigrant story and Darjeeling Express my love letter to Kolkata: Asma Khan Her journey, from hosting supper parties at home for strangers to doing a pop-up at a pub in Soho, and finally having a restaurant, contributed in making her the first British chef to feature on Netflix’s Chef Table. Follow the route of the Darjeeling Express train from Bengal, through Calcutta, where she grew up, and along the foothills of … "Asma is a force of nature: bold, funny, talented, philanthropic and unstoppable" - Grace Dent Let Asma Khan feed your soul with this collection of authentic Indian recipes. The food at Darjeeling Express is a true homage to our founder Asma Khan’s royal Mughlai ancestry and the busy streets of Calcutta, where she grew up. What: Calcutta Canteen by Darjeeling Express. The Darjeeling Express’s Asma Khan gives Marina O’Loughlin an online masterclass. 7pm Mon 29th April, Darjeeling Express, Kingly Court Trouble is delighted to invite members to dinner with chef and restaurateur Asma Khan at her Carnaby Street restaurant Darjeeling Express. Summing it all up: As Darjeeling Express goes from strength to strength, Asma Khan has a new venture ready. Asma Khan is a trailblazer: she has staffed her restaurant Darjeeling Express with an all-female brigade of self-taught chefs, she's the founder of a charity for second daughters in India, an author and now star of Netflix documentary series Chef's Table.Katherine Price meets an operator with big ambitions Asma Khan is the owner of Darjeeling Express, Kingle Court, Carnaby Street (darjeeling-express.com). My memories of this dish are closely entwined with memories of large family gatherings – it was always made … Owner of the groundbreaking Darjeeling Express, Khan is a huge, charismatic personality.